What browsers and systems are supported by Watch on Slingbox.com?
|Mac OS X 64-bit browsers||Safari||Firefox||Chrome|
|10.6.x "Snow Leopard"||N/S||N/S||N/S|
|10.8.x "Mountain Lion"||6 (and above)||25 (and above)||30 (and above)|
|10.9.x "Mavericks"||6 (and above)||25 (and above)||30 (and above)|
|Windows 32-bit browsers||Internet Explorer||Firefox||Chrome|
|Windows 7||10 (and above)||25 (and above)||30 (and above)|
|Windows 8.x Desktop Mode||10 (and above)||25 (and above)||30 (and above)|
N/S = Not Supported. This browser/system combination is not recommended for use.
- If you're looking at this page on a mobile device, go here to check out SlingPlayer!
- Watch on Slingbox.com is supported in Windows 8 “Desktop Mode" only. For more information about our new dedicated SlingPlayer for Windows 8 for Tablets, Laptops and Convertibles, go here.
- Mac OS X computers must have Intel processors to use Watch on Slingbox.com.
- Mac OS X users must run Firefox (and potentially other browsers) in 64-bit mode.
- Do you own a DISH Network ViP®922, Hopper™ with Sling, or Hopper, ViP 722 or 722k HD DuoDVR® with a Sling Adapter? Follow this link for more information about what you need to get started:
DISH Anywhere™ site
To allow SlingPlayer to run on OS X 10.9 Mavericks, you may need to perform a few extra steps to adjust your security settings when installing the plug-in.
If you try to install or update the plug-in for Watch on Slingbox.com on Chrome, and you receive a message indicating that extensions can only be added from the Chrome Web Store as shown in yellow below, please follow the directions here to download the plug-in.
The browser you use to access Watch on Slingbox.com must be running in 32-bit mode.
Confused about which versions of the SlingPlayer software work with your Slingbox? Here's a helpful guide to compatibility.