Some Windows browsers must run in 32-bit mode to work with Watch on Slingbox.com
How do you know if you're running a 64-bit version of Windows?
Here's how you can verify which version of Windows you're running:
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Find the icon for Computer. Right-click it.
- From the context menu that appears, select Properties.
The View basic information about your computer screen appears.
- Under System, view System type.
- If you're running a 32-bit version of Windows, you're all set.
- If you're running a 64-bit version of Windows, you need to download and install 32-bit versions of your web browsers.
Not sure whether your browser is 32-bit or 64-bit?
If you're running a 64-bit version of Windows, you can determine whether your browser is a 32-bit application by using the Task Manager:
- Right-click on the Task Bar.
- Select Start Task Manager.
- Click the Processes tab.
- Look for the listing for your web browser. If it's a 32-bit application, its label has "* 32" in it.
Example: iexplore.exe * 32
More info about browser compatibility
Confused about which browsers or computer platforms are supported by Watch on Slingbox.com and Setup on Slingbox.com? Here's a helpful guide to compatibility.